All the students are encouraged to meet their academic goals and to work hard to
maximize their academic potential. Students, faculty and staff of the Institute
play an active role in the educational process, so that students imbibe the spirit
of inquiry, discovery, critical analysis, problem handling, decision making, and
love of life-long learning, creativity, responsibility, generic skills, collaboration,
leadership, independent thinking, and thereby enhancing avenues open for individuals,
organizations and society as a whole. The range of learning outcomes achieved by
students on the programme will vary according to their Award. As students progress
towards their final levels of study, they are expected to demonstrate an increasingly
sophisticated level of understanding, analysis and evidence of the synthesis of
theory and practice and are expected to be able to:
Demonstrate an understanding of the various aspects of engineering, technology and
- Understand and evaluate theoretical frameworks;
- Undertake appropriate independent research;
- Analyze and suggest appropriate responses to technological and managerial issues;
- Identify appropriate practical strategies;
- Develop capabilities in working with and managing others;
- Construct, analyze and evaluate different forms of arguments and present them in
a logical and coherent manner.
- Develop cooperative spirit;
- Inculcate positive attitude towards problems and challenges of life.
During the stipulated periods of study, several soft skills are also developed in
the students leading to their ability to:
- Learn, work and pursue specific objectives in a manner which is both self motivated
and responsive to appropriate tasks;
- Manage their time effectively, thereby achieving their objectives within set deadlines;
- Take a critical stance with regard to opinion and evidence;
- Co-operate with and function effectively within a team;
- Anticipate problems and take on responsibility for devising solutions;
- Organize and work for social organizations and projects.
The institute strictly adheres to its academic calendar declared at the beginning
of each semester
Throughout the individual programs, assessment methods at SSIET are designed to
enable students to develop their own potential and permit a close working relationship
between the learning experience and individual assessment. The aim of the assessment
is to test whether the student has achieved the stated learning outcomes for the
Programes as a whole and the specific unit in particular. The assessment of the
course is governed by a number of principles and the course structure and evaluation
scheme framed by the University:
- With the exception of the independent study, all units are normally assessed by
a combination of take home assessment scheme, class tests and formal examination
weighted in each unit and the type of assessment though it may vary from time to
time and from course to course;
- Each subject incorporates periodic tests, which will be part of the written unit
and therefore, prescribed at its commencement wizard
- Weekly Test for BE (First year) students has also been introduced to equip the student
in a much better way and to make the students familiar with the academic culture
of the college
- Appearing at the test and completion of the assessment are compulsory
- Regular attendance in the classes plays a vital role to fetch more marks in Internal
- As per the University ordinance, attendance of 85% in each subject is compulsory
failing which, the student may not be permitted to appear at the University examinations
- Attendance records are displayed on a monthly basis so that students are aware of
- Students are closely watched by the concerned teachers as well as by the Head of
the department to assess them in a much practical manner
- University examinations are conducted separately and degree is awarded by the University.
There is no prescribed uniform for the students even in the first year. Students
are to come to Institute neatly and decently dressed. Students’ outfit should reflect
Boys: Boys are to wear full length trousers and full/half sleeved
shirts. T-Shirts with collar and without graffiti may also be worn. Drop and low
waist pants are not allowed. Shoes are preferred as the foot wear.
Girls: Girls are to wear salwar-kameez or any other ethnic dresses.
Sleeveless, short or see-through tops are not allowed.
Students are advised to follow the appropriate safety measures in the hazardous
laboratories as per the guidelines provided in the concerned laboratories during
the course of their study.
Rules & Regulations:
- Students must be regular and punctual in attending classes, tutorial classes and
submissions of the term work/assignments in various subjects
- A student shall not be allowed to appear at end semester examination if his/her
progress, conduct and attendance are not satisfactory or has not paid all dues
- Ragging of students in any form within or outside the institute and hostel is strictly
prohibited. Defaulters will be strictly dealt with as per antiragging ordinance
- Smoking, drinking (alcohol), chewing tobacco, consuming banned syrups, use of drugs
are strictly prohibited in the Institute premises and hostel. Any student found
in use of such practices will summarily be removed from the Institute
- Any change in the address for correspondence must be intimated by him/her in writing
to the Institute’s office immediately
- All day scholars who are not staying with their parents and staying as Paying Guest
or in rented house must produce a certifcate from the landlord stating that he/she
is staying with them along with the details of address
- It is mandatory for the students to carry Identity Card issued to him/her and produce
the same whenever asked by the Institute authorities
- In case, a student is required to remain absent from classes due to some genuine
reasons, he/she will be required to provide prior intimation to the concerned Head
of the Department/Prof. Incharge/Teacher Guardian
- All student will be bound by the rules and regulations framed by the Institute from
time to time.
- Institute fees are to be paid in full by the due date as declared by the Institute
failing which a fine of Rs. 25/- per day will be imposed. No installment in payment
of fees will be permitted
- Carrying mobile phones inside the premises during working hours without prior permission
is strictly prohibited.
The Institute places a very high emphasis on discipline of students both inside
and outside the campus. Students must abide by the Institute rules and agree to
conform to the rules and regulations enforced from time to time. They must not do
anything either inside or outside the Institute that will interfere with its orderly
governance, discipline and image. The students are required to maintain high standards
of discipline. Any breach of rules and orders will entail severe disciplinary action.
The matter concerning discipline among the students shall be dealt by the Proctorial
Board.In case of absence due to unavoidable circumstances, students are advised
to take prior permission from the Head of the Department. In case of absence due
to illness, students will have to produce a Medical Certificate with an application
from their parents or guardians. In such a case, parents/guardians should inform
the authorities immediately. However, no Benefit of Attendance will be granted on
Medical or any other grounds. The students should attend all theory and laboratory
classes from the first day of the academic session. During teaching hours, the main
lobby, the library, the corridors of the Institute and the area surrounding the
Institute are to be observed as silence zones. Students must not cause any disturbance
in these zones. Students should strike a proper balance between extra-curricular
activities and academic requirements. A student's participation in extra-curricular
activities should not be allowed to interfere in his/her academic schedule. Students
must not indulge in any kind of misconduct or indiscipline or anti-social activities
within or outside the Campus. Students must not form a group causing any hindrance
to the academic and administrative activities of the Institute. Those found doing
so will be punished and strict disciplinary action will be taken by the Authorities.
Students must always carry their Identity Card when inside the Institute premises.
In case of loss or damage of Identity Card, the concerned authorities should be
Students are not permitted to use their mobile phones inside the Institute premises
during the office hours without prior permission of the concerned authorities.
The following are deemed to be considered as acts of indiscipline:
- Disregard of Institute/Hostel rules, orders and notices and tearing-off or tampering
with the notices on the notice boards.
- Not maintaining proper decorum in the classrooms and examination hall.
- Not adhering to the rules of Institute’s library and departmental library.
- Disregard of orders and instructions of the faculty members, Institute Staff.
- Noisy, Boisterous, Disorderly and Obnoxious behavior.
- Misbehavior with any of the Institute Staff and Ragging junior students.
- Irregular attendance and unauthorized absence from classes and hostels.
- Lack of punctuality in attendance, payment of Institute dues or any other matter
where time frames are prescribed.
- Possession of stolen properties, involvements in thefts, consumption of liquor or
other intoxicating drinks, gambling and such other activities.
- Persistent negligence of studies.
- Recourse to unfair means in test and examination.
- Misuse of Institute property.
- Taking part in illegal strikes.
- Failure to produce Identity Card on demand by a member of staff, warden etc. at
any time and place.
- Failure to report the indiscipline cases to the Chairman/Members of the Proctorial
- Excessive downloading/choking of Bandwidth on internet.
- Watching porn-sites, pasting of notices on walls and pillars in the campus.
- Tampering the equipments in the laboratories.
- Passing filthy/Lecherous remarks/teasing of others.
- Non-observance of industrial discipline, factory rules and other instructions of
concerned authorities while on industrial training.
- Possessing or consuming spirits, tobacco products and narcotic drugs either within
or outside the campus.
Important Note :
- Students shall be responsible for all books, apparatus, tools and instruments material
etc. issued to them.
- Students shall observe all safety precautions. The Institute will not be responsible
for accident of whatever nature in the Institute, Hostel, Workshop, Laboratory and
Playground due to negligence on the part of the students.
- No society, association or club shall be formed by the students, without prior permission
of the Principal.
- Admission to the Institute implies acceptance without any reservation by the students
and their Parents/Guardians of all provisions given in the Institute information
brochure and also any change therein and in the Institute/University rules and regulations,
fees, etc that are made from time to time.
- If any document submitted by the candidate is found to be false at any stage during
his/her stay in the Institute, his/her admission will be cancelled forthwith.
- The clauses/sub-clauses of this brochure/prospectus are only for general information,
it could be modified/changed from time to time by the Board of Governors/Principal.
The Brochure/Prospectus shall not be treated as Legal Document.
- At the time of admission, the students will be declared hosteller/day scholar, keeping
in view the availability of hostel facilities. The students so declared will deposit
the fees accordingly.
- The students must conform to dates and periods notified in various notices related
to academic and Non-academic activities.
- Ragging in any form inside or outside the campus is prohibits by law. Any students
found ragging other students will be summarily expelled from the Institute and dealt
with as per directives of Hon. Supreme Court/Hon. High Court.